Complete Featherweight Av-Bay Kit
Click To Enlarge
- Provides a built-in connector for your Raven. Just tighten the Raven's screw terminals, plug in the battery, and the electrical connections are done!
- Provides deployment charge electrical terminals for all 4 Raven outputs, 3 of which are available at both ends of the av-bay! Combine that with the Raven's ability to work with either end up, and you get the most flexible av-bay setup available.
- Includes a magnetically-activated arm switch works like magic to turn your Raven on or off. No need to align and drill your airframe for arm switches.
- Under 27 grams including altimeter, about half the weight of a 9V battery alone!
- Fits into a 2" long, coupler.
- The Featherweight av-bay's short length, low mass, and magnetically-activated arming, make it the highest-performance Raven installation available. In May 2010, it was used to fly an I motor over 17,000 feet and a J motor over 22,300 feet!
- Available in 24mm, 29mm and 38mm variations.
Included in the kit for $47:
- One active bulkhead, including arm switch, and connectors for the Raven and battery.
- A passive bulkhead that goes at the other end of the av-bay.
- A li-polymer battery capable of 9 Amps of current. (U.S. orders only, due to new shipping rules)
- Threaded rods and lots of extra nuts. (Alumii
- A laser-cut plywood battery restraint.
- Neodymium magnet with 1" arming activation range.
- 38mm version includes built-in battery charger for an additional $12.
- 1/4" nut driver. If you don't have one already, get one for the 38mm or 29mm av-bay. It makes assembly much more enjoyable.
- 2" long, filament wound fiberglass coupler (coming soon)
- A much larger magnet, capable of 2" arming range
- Each of the kit components are also available separately.